LED Conversions and Upgrades in Nashville, TN
Whether a homeowner is looking to have new lighting installed or upgrading something they already have, LED lighting is the obvious answer. LED is the latest development in lighting technology, and for the past several years, has more than proven its value by not only brightening their homes and offices but reducing the cost of electricity.
Why LED Lighting?
An LED, which stands for light-emitting diode, generates light by a process called electroluminescence. By this process, an electrical current passes through semiconductor material and produces light as a result. This stands in sharp contrast to a photovoltaic cell, which converts the visible light into electricity.
LED technology is nothing new. LEDs were created in the 1960s to be used as indicator lights for circuit boards. Remember solid-state transistors? LED technology helped to bring those about. LED technology even helped put a man on the moon.
Today’s LEDs are the third iteration of the technology. The latest generation is more durable, performs better, and is more energy-efficient than any other current lighting form. Whether they are commercial, industrial, or residential, many facilities use LED lighting for a wide range of applications. There are even LED Services in Nashville, TN.
For anyone looking for ways to reduce their energy usage and costs, LED conversion and upgrades are great ways to do it. These are just a few benefits to converting and upgrading to LED technology:
Compared with the average incandescent light bulb, LEDs are vastly superior. The average lifespan of an incandescent bulb is 1,000 hours. By contrast, the average lifespan of an LED bulb is 5,000 hours. Depending on its use, the average homeowner can count on using an LED bulb six to 12 years before needing to replace it.
The average LED produces less wasted light than any other type of bulb. If every facility that uses light bulbs were to convert to LED lighting, the country’s energy efficiency would improve 60 to 70 percent. Of course, these energy savings have a direct effect on the financial savings of users. LED Installations are less expensive.
There probably isn’t anyone who isn’t becoming more aware of their impact on the environment. For this reason, homeowners are looking for ways to become more eco-friendly.
LED technology offers benefits that extend far beyond their manufacturing process. Many other lighting types, for example, use mercury vapor as part of their construction, which makes special handling at the end of their lifespan critical.
Traditional light bulbs don’t work as well in colder temperatures. As the temperatures drop, higher voltages are required to make bulbs work, despite their diminishing light intensity.
On the other hand, LED lights perform about five percent better in cold weather. This is why LED lighting is often used in meat lockers, freezers, and cold storage spaces.
Anyone who has ever touched an incandescent light bulb while it is on knows how hot one can get. This is because more than 90 percent of the energy generated by an incandescent light bulb is used for heat. This leaves the remaining 10 percent for light production.
By contrast, LEDs produce almost no heat, with almost all of the light produced within the visible light spectrum.
LED bulbs are tiny. This makes them perfect for a wide variety of applications. This flexibility offers the ability to use LED in many ways to light a home or facility. Further, by combining LED lights, users can illuminate anything from a closet to a sports stadium.
Probably few people notice, but LED lights to come on quicker than traditional bulbs. By using LED lights, illumination is instantaneous, whereas conventional light bulbs have a brief warm-up period.
Low Voltage Operation
Were you ever in a room where flooding occurred and wanted to turn on the lights? There’s a good chance you gave it a second thought before you did it, and for a good reason. With LED lights, by contrast, much less electricity is required to operate them at full capacity.
LED lights can be operated at virtually any power percentage, from 5 percent to 100 percent. Other lighting options perform less efficiently when they are dimmed, and some don’t dim at all. They are either on or off.
LED lights can be dimmed to virtually any degree desired, whether for actual use or mood purposes. Even when an LED light is used less than full power, they are the most cost-effective lighting method available.
It doesn’t matter whether a homeowner or businessperson is interested in lighting a new building, an industrial complex, or a home, LED lighting is the best option for the money.
Our contractors are the natural go-to source for everything LED. Whether it’s an installation or a repair in the face of flood or other damage, MW Contractors is where your friends and neighbors call when they convert to LED technology.